Thursday, June 15, 2006

dayAFRICA?

Oh what we can learn from Africa. Except as a geographical appellation, Africa does not exist. In fact, it is a geographical area full of people each with their own ideas, dreams, talents, and desires. So what can we learn from a people striving for survival? Their life is endless toil, a torment it seems they endure with astonishing patience and good humor. A swollen belly and lack of one dollar are okay for these people, at least in the eyes of the people who have it to give. I long to be among these people, to walk alongside them and learn about life, and to give what I can give.

Since my last adventure to Africa I have grown, I have matured, and I have learned to see people. I want to go back to these people who endure the odds of survival with patience and good humor. I want to learn to live as we find food, medicine, and clean water to have with it all.

My heart is restless. Im not sure how or when Ill get back to these people but I must learn how to help empower the people Ill be around. I heard Bono knocked on Bill Gates door to say you changed the world once, why don't you change it again.

We can use where we're at and what we've been given (materially and talents) to help change the world. Isn't it good news that a man need not to wait start changing the world...to start giving mind to seeking justice, to start yielding thoughts to relieving the oppressed, to start defending the orphans, to start pleading the case of widows -to do good, to love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home