Thursday, June 15, 2006

dayPOST_TOUR

I have learned over the past 5 years there is nothing more beautiful than a person. People we are the most beautiful part of this world. Trees, plants, animals, flowers while each has its own unique quality and adds to the beauty of this world people just bring a bit more to the table.

I find more beauty in a wrinkle on the “perfect” collar shirt, peach fuzz on a girl’s upper lip, and a rock star professing his love for his wife over romancing with another, than I do in the most glorious sun rise through a valley or wild African violets on the side of Lupanga Peak.

There is a concept of wholeness within the Hebrew culture -more a concept of whole peace- its called "shalom." I have asked these questions literally hundreds of times: "what would the city look like that exists in shalom; what would it take to get to this place?"

I have yet to establish a definitive answer but I believe it might be a place where people get that they are the most beautiful part of this world and get that those around them are the most beautiful parts of this world.

How better to demonstrate this belief than by taking practical steps towards equality. What if we could put an end to the idea that kids in Africa can have swollen bellies from malnutrition b/c they live in Africa; what if we were to empower those around us rather than fight to show them how better we can do the job?

All this just to say a little about myself: I am currently wondering how I am going to spend my energy investing in the empowerment of people by investing in health, food production, education, access to clean water, and essential infrastructure within their communities.

Who knows maybe I'll just mention to you that people need such things like clean water, food, community, and healthcare but aren't getting them and with love you'll go change the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home