Wednesday, January 18, 2006

dayONE

I have made it to San Diego!

I am so welcomed by everyone at invisible children. First impressions of the office and staff: wonderful, talented, fun, loving, and passionate with a purpose. Those are a few adjectives to describe the army I am honored to join today. THE BOYZ ARE MAKING SOME GREAT PROGRESS ON THE FEATURE FILM TRAILOR. The time I’m spending with the filmmakers is good. Jason, Larne, and Bobby work well together. Their communication is open and honest with one another. I took part in a planning/brainstorming meeting with them tonight and witnessed how they value each person's input and thoughts...perhaps it is this freedom to feel/ability to be open that allows their gifts to shine so bright. Already I am learning to be a better man by being in their presence. There is a strong atmosphere of affirmation about them and the staff @ IC. Being the leader of the Cali team I want to take some time to listen and begin to map out what I'll be most deliberate about with my team.

"Father keep us humble and undue any of our efforts to make this about us and our glory...for it is truly Your work and for Your glory..." - rough quote of CEO Ben during prayer tonight.

Thoughts while listening:
• Recognize each person’s personality
• Be thankful for it/encourage them in it
• God created each of us with gifts and talents. Recognize these in others and promote them.
• Your input, Clint, is valuable
• There is a huge difference in men and women, be sure to ask some girls about what to expect from the beautiful women on my team and some ways to appropriately respond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home